All the users/developers of omap-git tree knows that we have very good set of drivers and some of them very generic chip drivers, if submitted to upstream can cut the effort for others to develop the similar one (if he/she doesn't know about the availbility of such drivers). e.g TI audio codec chip drivers, do you know the no. of versios of aic23 and tsc2101 floating in community? Do you know about the initial attempt of EAC based ALSA driver from TI on OMAP1?
Ok, with this in mind, I have started slow process of taking small steps in submitting OMAP-git tree drivers to related subsystem mailing list and ultimately to linus mainline tree.
As of now following got accepted in -mm tree:
- omap-watchdog-driver patch
- omap-rng-build-error-fix patch [Update: It is now replaced with better patch from David]
Interesting part is that I had submitted omap-keypad driver as first attempt to going upstream, but everyday I am getting some very good review comments, and as of now I am working on #4 version of the driver. So, keep watching lkml list.
[update: It is now accepted into akpm's -mm tree..., thanx to all reviewers].
- Also submitted omap-i2c driver to lmsensors and lkml mailing list, but no review comments yet. Let's wait for 2-3 days then.
[update: It is now accepted into 2.6-git tree of Greg-KH. Thanx to all reviewers.] This driver allows now us to send more dependent drivers to mainstream]
- IrDA driver - depends on the acceptance of gpio-expander driver.
[update: Just got the e-mail from Samuel with Acked By from him. So consider it accepted in -mm tree. Thanx for the review Samuel.]
o Next target
- Menelaus driver
- gpio-expander-omap or to use existing pcf8574 driver?
- RTC driver for H4 - I need to write this one, and someone from community need to convert the existing omap1-rtc driver to new rtc infrastructure.
No DaVinci cleanup is going on right now, as I don't have even remote access to board now :(.
[update: Got the access to board now, and submitted few cleanup patches to mailing list, only dma.c is required for bit of cleanup and understanding, otherwise we are very much ready to go upstream with arch-davinci specific files and minimum boot configuration.]