Finally I had started decorating my Blog. It very much visible if you had visited my blog earlier.
o Enabled comments word verification. I got funniest DaVinci Code comment on my TI DaVinci Platform.
o Enabled Flickr photo link. Various photos will soon be uploaded there.
o Enabled Visitor's link. Just for Fun.
o Added the blogs and site links I regularly visit during tea /(ah or Juhla Mokka coffee time). Atanu Dey's on Development of Rural India is my favourite.
Back to Basics:
o I am feeling very sick these days. Yesterday I went to one of Finnish Private Clinic, and diagonsed for Viral Infection.(Now this happened third time in last six months :(. ). Now I have concluded that it happens whenever there is season change mixed with rain and sunlight. Worst thing happened was I got allergic to the IbuProfen and Paracetamol content of tablet and generated itching on my skin. Got two red spots on my forehead and my ears became red :(. Allergy is not new to me, I am allergic to various things (I don't have exact list) from my childhood. Last time I got similar skin allergy when I was at rock music comp. in IIT, Mumbai, year 2000.
o Travelling back to India is on the cards, I will start on Saturday. Visting to my family after long time. Time to face full sunlight and +30-40 Centigrade temp. It is better that -25 to -30 temp. I faced here.
o DaVinci manuals.
o openDML AVI Extension Headers 2.0.
* Making DaVici Linux Kernel code more readable and in strict compliance with Linux Kernel Coding Starndards is one of the goal, I can do various changes even if I don't have EVM.
* If I don't get DaVinci EVM access (due to other projects, and travel plans), I plan to have remote access to the board, by doing it myself, or utilizing someones EVM. If he/she allows me to access it.
* For OMAP24xx, Camera code is very much ready for linux-omap-git tree, except streaming through userptr is not working, as we need to fillup the vb_dma_sync_sg helper functions, but mmap and read works. So, it can be pushed to git tree. If I am feeling well, I can atleast submit that patch on this Friday.
* New subsystems :
- There are now new RTC and LED subsystems in kernel, so someone if having H2/H3/1510/OSK then can start working moving omap-rtc and various led drivers to those subsytems. It will be fun.
* OMAP24xx multiplane support: As said earlier, it seems now that someone (Imre?) will submit that support either through existing (omap/pub) driver (v4l2 interface) or thorough framebuffer driver (dev/fb1 and /dev/fb2). First option will be intrusive to Imre's fb driver, and implementing 2nd option might make Imre more happy. Please don't keep the implementation in your tree, even if it is not fully working. I would be glad to help in testing !!!
* OMAP24xx TI EVM TSC2101 Audio driver: No one is working on this for omap-git tree, AFAIK. So, someone can take it and implement using new SPI subsystem master driver for OMAP2. I would also appreciate EAC driver, if someone has explored that interface. I can only find few traces of such code interface in H2/H3 ALSA time.
* DaVinci Bridge: Someone recently asked support for C64x support in Nokia Open Source DSPGateway. AFAIK, Toshiharo-san, was working on c55x support for OMAP2. But he still need to submit the code. I am sure he is worried more about the updating documentation pdf :). Now it is more important to generate community/user base to use that dspgw. I don't see much contribution from the community except posting user experience and bugs/problems faced by them.
- Reasons for above could be:
o It is hard to add one more async. processor in parallel with C55x. eg. OMAP2 IVA. with the existing interface.
o When you move from the OMAP1 to OMAP2, for C55x, only few things change. So, as Toshiharo-san said, much of the code can be reusable. But it should be better no t to #ifdef the various register offset and base addresses. We should better have generic framework for it. As per my reading and comparision in those cases, mbx and mmu can be abstraced as fwk. Paul seem to have mentioned about mmu fwk on the linux-omap mailing list.
Funny thing about OMAP2 is IVA and DSP share same MMU architecture but same code can't be shared with Camera MMU, due to slight differences :). Now that's TI architecture :)
o Standardization: It is not new to have dual/triple/quad core architecture, and other semiconductor companies e.g Phillips, Motorola too have those architecture and so does bridges, running might be as binary only modules, having their own HAL and various abstractions. So, it is better to have some sort of abstracted generic fs interface in the Linux kernel to support more than one async. processors. But it is the long way to go.
Q: What is the last time you did it for first time?
Answer: From the last 3months, every event happend to me was first time. Travelling abroad, lot's of snow around, freezing temp., Travel by cruise, Sweden trip, and many more :)