Saturday, August 27, 2005

git and sparse

Apr. 10th, 2005 06:33 pm git and sparse

It is weekend coding session :-). But Linus gave us a gift of git this week. So I just wanted to go through the little bit of code. I have tried BitKeeper, CVS, Clearcase (Ah, Prop. solution), Microsoft Visual Source Safe and many more version control tools.

So, it is my love to check the code of git - patch manager. Right now I need to CVS for no reason. I am wondering around lots of 2.6.x trees on my PC right now. Hoping to control them all over through CVS, and in future with better SCM tool (ofcourse, open-source only).

Personally I liked Bitkeeper's disributed version control system, it kept me very near to the linux source. As I am living in a region where frequent downloads of huge patch tarballs cost me much. But the situation is improving at my side.

ok...let's look at the code of git...

No comments: